If you’ve never been to Lake Michigan before, I’m sorry to tell you that you are really missing out. Last summer I got to visit both Holland, MI and Saugatuck, MI and fell completely in love with these beachy lake towns. Earlier this month, I continued my quest of exploring more of #PureMichigan and ventured to Grand Haven. It’s only about five hours from Cleveland, making it a manageable weekend road trip. Here’s how to spend a perfect day in Grand Haven, MI.
Pin this to save for later!
How To Spend a Perfect Day in Grand Haven, MI
- First things first, you need to park your car and head down to the boardwalk to take in those lake life vibes everyone here is eminating! The boardwalk continues all the way to the Grand Haven State Park ending in the lighthouse.
- After your morning stroll, it’s time to acquaint yourself with the cutesy Washington Ave. Pop in and out of local shops and grab an iced coffee or lemonade to beat the heat!
- If time allows, head back to Grand Haven State Park to catch a few rays and a quick dip!
- It’s time for a local favorite…grab Pronto Pups! This (extremely) tiny road-side stop offers only two things – fountain soda and freshly dipped corn dogs! They are seriously very good and I saw some people buying 4-5 at a time! It’s probably best to get ice cream after this too :).
- Burn off those calories by hiking in the Rosy Mound Natural Area. The trail isn’t super long and it ends with Lake Michigan so you’re rewarded for all those steps! Don’t forget to bring water, insect repellent, sun screen and a towel.
- If you’re staying close by, head back for a quick shower. If not, dry off and head to Odd Side Ales. Get a flight and make sure to taste every single one of their fruitsicle beers — SO GOOD! You can also order food in from another local favorite, the Toasted Pickle.
Writing this post makes me long to head back to Lake Michigan! I hope you’ll consider making a weekend trip (especially if you live in Cleveland) there this summer or next and enjoy a perfect day in Grand Haven.
Question For You:
Do you have any #PureMichigan moments? Share them with me below!