Happy Friday, friend! Last week I started up one of my favorite past blog series, #FanGirlFriday! If you missed week #1, click here to see who I featured. I love this series because it allows me to introduce you to some of the best bloggers I know. Today I’m happy to feature the adventurous, the fun-loving….Katherine (Kat) (Blog: World Wide Honeymoon)!
Pin this to save for later!
Fan Girl Friday: Kat, World Wide Honeymoon
Question 1: Why did you start your blog?
- “I say it was probably a quarter-life crisis. I was hating my job in public accounting and was struggling to find what it is that I cared about and wanted to pursue a career in. It was then that I realized that my favorite thing to do is travel, and after having traveled to over 28 countries as a solo traveler, traveling with friends, and now traveling with my husband, I wanted to write about it and give advice to others. It wasn’t until I was planning my wedding and learning about travel hacking, the art of collecting miles and points for free travels, that I knew I wanted to teach others about that too! I also travel a lot with my husband, so I wanted to write about couples travel, honeymoons, and travel hacking to stay or fly anywhere for less!”
Question 2: Why should people follow along with your blogging adventures?
- “You should follow along because in less than 2 years we’ve saved over $35,000 of our money by cutting back expenses, collected over 1.4 million miles and points for travel, and have saved thousands of dollars in travel alone by travel hacking. I’m here to teach you how to do the same! So it’s time to get out of debt, rack in miles and points, and travel the world with your love! Some of our trips we’ve booked with miles included:
1. Round-trip business class flights to Southeast Asia for $60 a person.
2. Round-trip flights to Peru for around $100.
3. Round-trip flights to Europe for my parent’s anniversary trip as a gift.
4. Additional round-trip flights to Europe for us to visit twice next year for pennies on the dollar!
5. And countless trips throughout the US including DC, Portland, Maine, Nashville, Austin, and more!”
Question 3: What’s your biggest blog-related accomplishment to date?
- “The biggest accomplishments for me are when I hear from people who’ve implemented what I’ve taught them and are starting to travel more because of it! That makes my day! I also love helping my clients plan their trips using miles and points. My best redemption to date for a client is flights from the US to Australia and New Zealand and back for two people for only $315 total.”
Question 4: What is your favorite blog post to date?
- “I love the Perfect 2-Week South African Honeymoon Itinerary. It’s definitely my most popular post, and it was also so much fun to write and break down our experiences in South Africa! That country stole our hearts and we’re already planning a trip back in a couple of years!”
Question 5: What’s the best trip you’ve ever taken?
- “This may be repetitive, but South Africa is still our favorite place. We loved our actual honeymoon in Southeast Asia, where we just returned from last week, but it’s hard to top the scenery, wildlife, and the amazing people of South Africa.”