If you’re not from Cleveland, let me explain to you a very silly, yet fierce competition that goes on among folks that call The Land home. It’s simple really: Westsiders think the west side of Cleveland is best and Eastsiders think the east side of Cleveland is better. It’s quite odd but many, MANY people tend to only stay on their side of town. Read more of the history on the polarized sides of CLE here. Unfortunately this has been pretty true of my CLE life, so whenever I cross the river and venture past downtown, I tend to feel a bit lost and the surroundings don’t feel as familiar. I’m hoping to change that though! Here’s what I have discovered when this Westside CLE gal visits the east side. Be sure to read all the way to the bottom for a chance to win $50 to The Capital Grille!
Delicious Places to Eat & Drink on Cleveland’s East Side:
- The Capital Grille: Recently I was invited to a blogger event at The Capital Grille (25389 Cedar Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124; located in Legacy Village) to try out their all-new Cocktail Time menu. I had never been to this restaurant, but I had heard that the food was delicious and fancy so I was very excited to receive this invite! I sipped on the Nine to Five cocktail (Tito’s Vodka, fresh tangerine juice and elderflower cordial) and Slow Ride (1800 Silver Tequila, fresh grapefruit juice and ginger syrup) while learning more about the menu. Their Cocktail Time is M-F from 4-7 PM . Be sure to order the Oysters Casino and Korean Fried Chicken Sliders…so delicious and my favorite bites of the evening! P.S. This is the first Capital Grille to offer this fun menu. It was developed by Chef Anthony Trunzo, the youngest Executive Chef at The Capital Grille. #ClevelandRocks I was also super impressed with Legacy Village and forgot how gooood the shopping selection is at this mall. I will be back soon!
- Presti’s Bakery in Little Italy: If you’re looking for authentic and delicious Italian food, look no further! While I don’t visit Little Italy very often, when I do, I always make room for dessert and coffee from Presti’s. I’ve never gotten anything here that I didn’t like! Trust me, go to Presti’s.
- Coquette Patisserie: This is THE CUTEST little French bakery located on Euclid Ave. near University Circle. I’ve only ever ordered the macarons, champagne and french press coffee. I don’t go here near enough but whenever I do, I always leave with a smile and content sweet tooth!
Enriching Cultural Experiences on Cleveland’s East Side:
- Cleveland Museum of Art: Whenever I visit CMA, I almost always think to myself, “Why don’t I come here more often?” For one thing, IT’S FREE! It can’t get better than that. But wait, it does! The atmosphere is serene and obviously very beautiful. The interactive exhibits make art fun for all ages and undoubtedly will draw out your creative side.
- Children’s Museum Cleveland: I absolutely adore my niece and nephews, so whenever I have an opportunity to take one on an adventure, I jump on it! My two-year old nephew, Gus, and I recently explored the CMC and we BOTH had a blast. CMC recently moved and reopened it’s doors in a renovated mansion. The various educational and fun rooms include anything from water toys to books to playground equipment. Gus LOVED the water toys in the Wonder Lab and I can’t wait to take my other nephew and niece to this kid (and adult) approved museum!
Okay, Eastsiders, tell me what I’m missing! Here’s a few other east side areas I hope to explore soon: Larchmere and Shaker Square. If you’re a fellow Westsider like me, I hope you’ll venture out to the east side sometime soon to see a whole new world…and hopefully not get lost.
PS. West side 4 Life! 😉
Win a $50 Gift Card to The Capital Grille!
Here’s your chance to try out Cocktail Time at The Capital Grille (and explore more of the east side of Cleveland!). Below is how to enter:
- Like my Instagram post & tell me in the comments who you’ll bring to The Capital Grille with you!
- Follow me (@ByTravelandError) and (@thecapitalgrille).
- OPTIONAL EXTRA ENTRIES:
You have until Friday, March 23 at 5 PM EST to enter! Only Cleveland area folks are eligible to win.