Whenever new visitors come into town, one of the first things I think about is how I can make them love Cleveland. My mind turns into building the perfect itinerary for that specific visitor and the below attractions are almost always included as they are not only iconic Cleveland experiences, but also some of the best. Do you want your friends to walk away loving CLE too? If yes, then read on to discover seven of the best tourist attractions in Cleveland.
Seven of the Best Tourist Attractions in Cleveland
Spend a few hours exploring the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
This is by far the most referenced Cleveland tourist attraction. Your music-loving friends will especially enjoy this one. It’s located on the outskirts of downtown and is the perfect place to start a walking tour of the city.
Tour the Christmas Story House.
This is arguably the second most popular tourist attraction and a place that out-of-towners usually associate with Cleveland. #LegLamp Grab breakfast or lunch at the Rowley Inn before or after your visit and leave with a full and happy belly. For the die-hard fans, you can actually spend the night in the house! I recommend watching the movie together (if possible) before your visit.
Showcase our city’s sports teams!
Since all of the stadiums and arenas are located downtown, it’s perfect to pair with dinner on East 4th street before the game.
If your visitor is (or isn’t) a museum person, take them to at least one of our amazing Cleveland museums!
From artsy-fartsy to kid-friendly to history-buff, there is something for everyone.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden – Perfect for a lazy and calm afternoon
- Children’s Museum Cleveland – Perfect for visitors with kids
- Cleveland History Center – Perfect for car enthusiasts and history buffs
- Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA) – Perfect for your artsy friend
- Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) – Perfect for your friend cooler than you
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History – Perfect for adults and kids alike
- Great Lakes Science Center – Perfect option for tweens
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium – Perfect for those traveling with kiddos
- Cleveland Orchestra – I know some of these aren’t technically museums…Perfect for your classy and cultured visitor
- Cleveland Metroparks & Zoo – Because really, who doesn’t love the zoo?
Ride bikes or hike in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
We are so lucky to have a national park in our backyard. Show it off! A few of my favorite hikes include Blue Hen Falls and Brandywine Falls.
Eat your way through the West Side Market.
This is by far my most favorite CLE attraction to recommend to visitors. After you’ve tasted your way through all of the vendors, walk around Ohio City and grab some ice cream at Mitchell’s or beers at one of the many breweries located in this neighborhood.
Take a day-trip to Cedar Point.
Although this is not in Cleveland, this mega theme park is a don’t miss in summer and fall for thrill seekers and visitors of all ages. Pack a lunch in a cooler to save money!
I hope this list will help you help your friends discover some of the best tourist attractions in Cleveland! #ThisIsCLE #VisitMeinCLE