As most of you know, Cleveland is my hometown. I’ve written about it quite a bit…heck it even has it’s own section on my website! Today I wanted to share with you my Cleveland bucket list. I’m a big proponent of playing tourist in the LAND and would encourage you to do the same (in your own city or with me here in CLE…if you’re lucky enough to call yourself a Clevelander). How many can you cross off the list?
My Cleveland Bucket List
Set sail on Lake Erie. Gain five pounds of pure pierogie goodness at Sokolowski’s University Inn (aka eat a meal here).UPDATE – Get the fried cod!
- DIY coffee house + donuts tour. So far, my list includes Lakewood’s Rising Star, Six Shooter Coffee, COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE, Beviamo Cafe, east side Phoenix Coffee Co, Vegan Doughnut Company, Goldie’s Donuts & Bakery and Brewnuts.)
- Grocery shop for the whole week at the West Side Market.
Explore the Great Lakes Science Center with my nephew, Simon.UPDATE: We had a blast!
- Eat my way through Little Italy…saving room for dessert! So far, I’ve eaten at Mamma Santa’s, Corbo’s Bakery, Michaelangelo’s, and Presti’s Bakery.
Buy the fried chicken sandwich at Larder.OMG! It was sooooooo good and sooooo messy.
- Ride Lolly the Trolley. Technically, I think I have ridden on Lolly the Trolley, but I actually want to take one of the tours.
Experience meat sweats at Mabel’s BBQ.Spoiler alert: I actually think Proper Pig‘s pulled pork is better.
- Devour a massive corned beef sandwich at Slyman’s Restaurant.
- Have a spa day at Sacred Hour. I’ve heard their massages are amazing!
Take my niece, Aurie, to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.
- Tailgate at the Muni Lot for a Brown’s game.
Friday night pizza and wine date at Il Rione Pizzeria.Verdict? YUM!
- Visit every neighborhood and every suburb in the Cleveland area. Yep, this one is gonna take me a while! I plan to do a new post per area explored.
- Eat a sandwich at Herb’n Twine.
Pretend I’m artsy at the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA).
- Hike more of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. So far, I’ve hiked Brandywine Falls, Blue Hens Falls, the Ledges Overlook, and parts of the Ohio & Erie Towpath Trail. Read my post about it here.
- Get dressed up and see more plays at Playhouse Square.
Visit the Cleveland Children’s Museum with my godson, Gus.
- Take a mural tour of the city.
- Pretend I’m vegan at Cleveland Vegan.
- Win one of the KeyBank gift card games while cheering on the Cavs.
- Drink my way through every CLE Brewery. Recently a Cleveland Brewery Passport was created! So far, I’ve been to Fat Head’s Brewery, Forest City Brewery, Platform Beer, Brew Kettle, Butcher & the Brewer, Market Garden, Nano Brew, Great Lakes Brewing Co, Collision Bend Brewing Co, Hofbräuhaus Cleveland, Masthead Brewing Co, Noble Beast Brewing Co, Terrestrial Brewing Company, Willoughby Brewing Co, and Saucy Brew Works. Wow! You must think I’m an alcoholic now…
- Try every single flavor at Mitchell’s Homemade Ice Cream.
Visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Don’t judge! I’ve been there before but never to actually tour the museum. If you’re like “huh!?”, well I went to a yoga event there and also heard a local band play in the museum during my second visit.UPDATE – It’s an amazing museum that definitely is one of Cleveland’s best tourist attractions.
- Watch the movie The Christmas Story and then go tour The Christmas Story House.
- Sing my heart out at the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues.
Eat $1 dogs and see the fireworks at the Indians game #hereforthehotdogs
This is an ever-growing list, so please visit again to see what else is on my Cleveland Bucket List and tell me how your own hometown bucket list is going!