Below is a list of a few of my favorite things during the month of January. I always love to hear recommendations from my friends on good books they’ve read, helpful beauty products that they use, and yummy food/drink recipes that they’ve tried. I hope that this list of my favorite January items brings you some new inspiration!
Interested in purchasing any of the above items? Click the images below to buy them now.
Pond’s Clarant B3 Dark Spot Moisturizer Travel Size 1.75 oz. Jar: This lotion smells great, won’t clog your pores and is the perfect size for traveling. It’s hard to find this in many stores, but I have found it occasionally at Target in the travel-sized items aisle.
“Chase the Lion: If Your Dream Doesn’t Scare You, It’s Too Small”: Mark Batterson’s book will encourage you to go after your dreams! It is based on the scripture verse 2 Samuel 23:20-21, “Benaiah chased a lion down into a pit. Then, despite the snow and slippery ground, he caught the lion and killed it.” This book (and really all of Batterson’s books) inspire me to be a better Leah.
“The Magnolia Story”: I didn’t think I could love Chip & Jo even more…but then I read this book and my adoration for this couple grew!
Cave de Pomerols HB Picpoul de Pinet 2014: My friends, Jared & Taylor, hosted a French White Wine Party. Everyone had to vote on their favorite bottle & this beauty won! This was a really creative and fun way to try a bunch of different wines with friends. Interested in hosting one yourself? See the directions below:
- Get two of the same bottles of French White for no more than $35 combined. Each couple, home, etc. need only bring one pair of wine for the group.
- When you arrive one bottle will go into a brown bag (and will get a number) and one bottle will go into a case.
- Drink wine, eat appetizers & desserts, and have fun!!
- At the end of the night, vote on your favorite wines…whatever group brought the favorite wine wins the entire case of wine!!!!!
“The Mindy Project” Season Four: My roommate, Molly, & I have been watching season 4 recently and it is pretty hilarious.
*Also available at Target.
Simply Balanced Twisted Fruit Ropes: If you’re a fan of gummies and fruit snacks, you will love this (semi) healthy alternative!
HGTV Magazine: This is a great magazine to read if you love home decor & style, house renovation, and basically anything on the Home & Garden channel.
If you’re looking for the Valentine’s Day cards, visit your local Target’s dollar section. There are so many cute varieties but the two pictured were my top picks. Tell someone how much you love & appreciate them this month!
Not only was it a good exercise to think through the products that I’ve loved this month, but it was also helpful (and gave me a thankful heart) to remember all of the highs and lows that I’ve experienced in January. I’ll share a few of mine below. I encourage you to do the same, as reflection can bring gratitude and joy.
- New Year’s Resolutions: A fresh start of 2017 brought me a sense of hope, plus it was a great opportunity to set some new goals for myself.
- Dinner at Rocky River Wine Bar: Sometimes you just need to drink Malbec, eat good food and laugh with your girlfriends. I did this with three of my close gal pals that all live in Cleveland at the cozy and delicious Rocky River Wine Bar! We shared their bruschetta appetizer and probably annoyed our booth-mates with the amount of loud cackles coming from our table. (If you know me, you know my laugh.) I definitely recommend this restaurant for a girls night!
- Acts of Kindness: On January 22nd, my sister, Faith, celebrated her first birthday in heaven. It was an especially hard day. The kindness shown to me & my family on this day was very moving…from thoughtful notes, to gifts of cheese and wine and friendship bracelets, to prayers raised…thank you.
- Taking my Nephew to B.A. Sweetie Candy Company: For those of you who have never been, B.A. Sweetie Candy Company is the absolute BIGGEST candy shop! It carries over 4,000 different items and is basically every child’s dream. My oldest nephew, Simon (age 3), absolutely loves gummies (and really treats of all kinds), so it was truly a joy for him (but probably more for me) to go here.
I hope that this list of my favorite January things brought you some inspiration and encourages you to reflect upon this past month. Remember, positive reflection breeds a grateful heart!
Question for you: What was one product or experience this past month that you loved?