Does anyone else agree that February has literally flown by?! I honestly can’t believe that tomorrow we will be entering the third month of 2017… yikes! I decided to do a monthly series this year where I reflect upon and share what a few of my favorite things from the past month have been. You can view my January favorites here. I love to hear recommendations from my friends about what products they use, restaurants they’ve tried, shops they’ve visited, books they’ve loved, etc…so my hope is that you find this list useful, fun to read, and gain some inspiration as we head in to March.
Interested in purchasing any of the above items? Click the images below to buy them now.
1. Burt’s Bees Rosewater Toner: My friend Kelsey recommended this product to me and I’m so thankful that she did! Not only do I love the smell, but it’s a perfect way to start my morning. It’s not too harsh on my dry, wintry skin and it removes any trace of makeup that might still be lingering on my face. Two thumbs up for this toner (especially if you have sensitive skin like me)!
2. Belvoir Fruit Farms Lemonades: I’m a sucker for fancy lemonades and Belvoir Fruit Farms makes the MOST DELICIOUS kinds around. I originally tried their elderflower & rose bubbling lemonade a few years ago and got hooked! Whenever I see it now on a menu, I have to order it…it’s that good. I recently saw that Whole Foods carries this brand and I tried out their cucumber & mint bubbling lemonade. It was (of course) delicious!
3. Tropical Sour Patch Kids: Oh goodness me…I ALREADY loved Sour Patch Kids and when I was recently grocery shopping, I saw that they came out with a Tropical version. I snatched those suckers up and ate them on the car ride home. The passion fruit flavor is my favorite and I’ve now found my new go-to road trip gummies!
4. “Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World” by Bob Goff: I have to be honest here and say that I haven’t actually read this whole book…BUT it’s on my list :). My book club recently chose this Bob Goff best seller and I can’t wait to read it! I know many people that have finished this book and absolutely love it.
5. “Listen, Love, Repeat: Other-Centered Living in a Self-Centered World” by Karen Ehman: This book gave practical tips on how to love others well…and don’t we all need to be reminded to think more about others than ourselves? I know I sure do! One of my biggest takeaways was listening for people’s “heart drops”, which are basically signals or hints of what they need most in their lives right now. When we do this and act in a loving and practical manner towards those in need, we become a blessing and take part in the joy of showing God’s love to another.
6. Pirouette Paper Products: I can’t say enough good things about Kaylyn’s Etsy shop, Pirouette Paper. Not only are her products of high quality, adorable and hilarious, but Kaylyn is super professional. From her timely email communication to the shipping and packaging of your products, everything is done to a high standard of excellence. She genuinely wants you to love your items…and how could you not? Click on the images below to buy the products and browse for others!
Not only was it a good exercise to think through the products and services that I’ve loved this month, but it was also helpful (and gave me a thankful heart) to remember all of the highs and lows that I’ve experienced in February. I’ll share a few of mine below. I encourage you to do the same, as reflection can bring gratitude and joy.
- Giveaway Partners: During the month of February, I ran three giveaways on my blog: the first with Kaylyn from Pirouette Paper, the second with Marisa from English Country Paper Co. and the last with Meredith from Tiny Bits of Goods. These three lovely Etsy Shop female entrepreneurs are such an inspiration to me and I can’t thank ’em enough for their support! Be sure to keep them in mind next time you’re in need of a thoughtful and beautiful gift.
- Good Food + Good Company: I couldn’t be happier to have my cousin Calla back home in Ohio with me! (She’s been gone in Brazil for the past two years.) After reading an article in Edible Cleveland about all of the amazing restaurants in Wooster, we went to Broken Rocks Cafe & Bakery located in downtown Wooster and indulged ourselves in a feast of delicious foods. We tried the hummus plate (best pita I’ve ever had), fish sandwich (the lemon sauce=awesome), Cajun chicken pasta, and Belgian chocolate custard. SO GOOD.
- Girls Getaway Weekend to Charleston, WV: This was a short but oh so fun weekend getaway with some of my favorite gals! Check out my post on “10 Tips on How to Plan the Perfect Girls Getaway Weekend “! On this trip, I discovered the retail store ALTAR’D STATE. I snapped so many pictures of the books in this store and ogled for much too long after all of the decor and clothes! They donate a portion of their proceeds to charities and encourage shoppers to leave their pray requests in journals located in the beautifully decorated dressing rooms.
- Music + a Heart for CLE: Brite Winter Fest is a music and art festival that is one of my favorite events in the 216! It encourages folks to get out of their houses and enjoy Northeast Ohio winters rather than hibernate in their homes…and be cranky about the cold. I always leave this event feeling a bit happier and prouder to declare than I’m a Clevelander.
- Just Keep Swimmin’: No one brings me greater joy than my niece and two nephews! Gus is my youngest nephew and for his first birthday, I bought him swimming lessons. We just started them in February and are having a blast getting acclimated to the water, playing with noodles and kicking in the lazy river. I cherish these moments and memories that I have the privilege of sharing with him.
I hope that this list of my favorite February things brought you some inspiration and encourages you to reflect upon this past month. Remember, positive reflection breeds a grateful heart!
Question for you: What was your favorite February find?