Disclosure: I received a Smile Brilliant kit in exchange for reviewing this product. All opinions are my own.
When I was a senior in college at Miami University, I had an internship at a local elementary school with their English as as Second Language (ESL) department. I would take students whose first language was Spanish out of the classroom and assist them with their in-class assignments, tests, and homework. The ESL coordinator always made sure that her office was inviting and friendly. One theme that stood out to me and I remember fondly was “Everyone Smiles in the Same Language”. When I was approached by Smile Brilliant to test out their teeth whitening kit, I gladly accepted and remembered the importance of a smile.
“Everyone Smiles in the Same Language.”
Smile Brilliant is a cruelty free brand offering a customized teeth whitening system. They actually offer the same custom-fitted teeth whitening trays as your local cosmetic dentist (but at a cheaper rate)! Below are the 4 steps I took to get whiter teeth.
4 Steps to Whiter Teeth with Smile Brilliant
1. I received my Smile Brilliant kit in the mail and felt a bit overwhelmed looking at all of the different parts and pieces. Once I read through the short, simple, and specific directions, I mixed the catalyste paste with the base paste to create my dental impressions (aka the mold of my teeth). I felt a bit like a scientist!
2. After letting the mold harden, I mailed back the pre-paid envelope and waited to receive my custom bleaching trays. 3. After about five business days, I received my custom-fitted trays and began to whiten. The directions say that you can leave the whitening gel on anywhere from 45 minutes-3 hours. I did this during my bedtime routine. One thing that I noticed was how much I drooled! Yes, I know…gross. Also, I did have a bit of gum sensitivity. After getting some great advice from a team member at Smile Brilliant, I did the following:
- Kept busy while whitening! (This helped me not think about how much I was drooling!)
- Only whitened for 45 minutes. (This helped with the sensitivity.)
- Rubbed coconut oil on my gums prior to whitening. (This also helped with the sensitivity.)
4. After about 7-8 whitening sessions, I noticed a difference! Check out my before and after pictures below.
Overall, this product really did work and whitened my teeth. It did take a bit of dedicated time, but if you are serious about whitening your teeth, buy this product! Not only does having whiter teeth make me feel more confident, it also reminds me to smile more and remember how my pearly whites can affect other people’s days. A smile conveys feelings of welcoming and warmth. Whether I’m traveling in a foreign land or perhaps just taking a walk in my neighborhood, I never want to forget the power of a smile.
Giveaway with Smile Brilliant (valued over $130!)
Interested in trying out Smile Brilliant yourself? Enter your name and email here to win your own kit! You have until Friday, September 29 to enter! The giveaway is for $139 credit and it is open to USA, UK, Canada, and Australia residents.
You can also check out some of their other teeth whitening reviews. Looking for a coupon? Use the code bytravelanderror15 to receive $15 off.