It really is the most wonderful time of the year, but sometimes I find myself rushing around like a mad woman instead of truly enjoying the holiday season. Can you relate? I encourage you to read this post and then schedule one day or even a few hours to do one of these six things. Christmas in Cleveland is quite magical in my opinion, so I hope you’ll take advantage of everything our area has to offer during this holiday season.
Pin this to save for later!
Christmas In Cleveland: Six Spots to Boost Your Holiday Cheer
1. See a show at Playhouse Square, double points if it’s holiday-themed. Get fancied up, gaze at the world’s largest outdoor chandelier and see how downtown sparkles with glittery lights. Grab a glass of wine or two at Heinen’s and eat dinner at Lola’s on East 4th beforehand for a full evening out. If you don’t know about Smart Seats, be sure to check out how to get these affordable seats in the second largest theater district in the U.S. Yep, you read that correctly.
Screenshot from www.playhousesquare.org…look at all of the amazing shows coming up!
2. Spend a lazy afternoon in Chagrin Falls. Grab brunch at Yours Truly, pop in the adorable boutiques and charming stores lining the downtown streets (P.S. Check out my friend Stella’s event on Dec. 6 at Two French Blue) and grab a cup of cocoa before putting a letter in the mail for Santa. I always have to stop in the bookshop here before leaving.
3. Take a stroll through Crocker Park to feel like you’re in real life Whoville. The decorations here are absolutely over the top and while shoppers may drive you crazy, remain calm. See a matinee, snap a few photos and perhaps shop a bit…maybe a gift for yourself?!
4. Visit the Christmas Story House. I have a confession to make. I’ve lived in Cleveland basically my whole life and have never gone here. The closest I’ve gotten is when I ate lunch at the Rowley Inn (which I definitely recommend). I’m going to take my own advice and schedule an afternoon to do this.
5. Head to Heinen’s to pick up a few wines and goodies (bubbles are always welcome around this time of the year) and host a festive holiday meal. I recently attended a #ClevelandBloggers holiday event with Heinen’s and learned all about wine and meat pairings. Stop in any Heinen’s store and their experts will be happy to assist you, but you can also take a look at their blog for inspiration.
6. Shop at the Cleveland Flea or in my neighborhood, Lakewood, OH. The holiday-themed fleas always make me so happy and it’s a great place to find unique gifts. My city also has a lot of wonderful small businesses that deserve attention during the holiday season, including Cuyahoga Collective, KB Confections, and the Salvaged Boutique. I suggest getting your nails done at Stella & Shay and grabbing a Falalala Latte + savory crepe at Brewella’s for a mini holiday treat yourself day.
Don’t let this holiday season get away from you. Celebrate Christmas in Cleveland with one of these six ideas or the best way you know how to boost your holiday cheer.