I have been honored to be a part of two of my best friend’s weddings this year. Melanie & George got married in July and Jenna & Tyler are getting married this October.
Jenna and Tyler’s love story began their freshmen year at Miami University, our Alma mater. I am lucky to have seen their relationship progress from McBride Hall hangouts to where it is today…almost to “I do”! See their adorable engagement photos here.
For Jenna’s bachelorette party, we went to Austin, Texas. Thanks to Jenna’s very well organized MOH, I knew exactly what to pack. (Thanks, Kelsey!) Here are some of the essentials:
- Bathing Suit // Cover – up // Hat // Sunglasses – Austin was HOT, so we did many water activities, including paddle board yoga and renting a boat for the day!
- Special Bachelorette Shirt – This trend is taking off!
- Little black dress // Sparkly Jewelry
- Casual & Lightweight Dresses
Some of the things I really enjoyed in Austin & would recommend to others are:
- Eating at “Blenders & Bowls”: I had never had an acai bowl before this trip and it was DELICIOUS! I’m going to try to recreate one shortly. Their downtown location is located inside Wanderlust Yoga, which is a great yoga studio! (I took a class their last April on a different trip to Austin.)
- Exploring Rainey Street: A street full of bars that are mainly in old refurbished houses! I would highly recommend “Bangers” and “The Container Bar“.
*Photo Credits: All the other girls at the bachelorette party! I was not in a photo-taking mood and depended on the other girls in the party to document this fun-filled weekend. We did a shared photo album and it was a great way for everyone to view all of the photos without having to send them via text or email.
Question for you: Have you ever visited Austin? What was your favorite part of the city?