A few months ago, I shared this post about how I was trying to complete 30 goals before I turned thirty years old. My birthday was exactly two weeks ago, so I thought it was about time to share how this yearlong journey panned out. While I achieved and enjoyed some, I miserably failed at others. Here’s my 30 under 30 update…
30 Under 30 Update
Goals I Loved (& was good at):
- Reading a book a month – I exceeded this goal with the help of the Hoopla app, as well as the Lakewood Public Library. Here’s my top 7 favorites:
- Cooking a new recipe each month – I am a creature of habit with my groceries so this was a particularly hard goal for me. It forced me to actually make those pins on my Pinterest food board! Below are my top 3 picks.
- Spending special one-on-one time with my nephews and niece – This was probably my favorite #30under30 and I will forever cherish the special memories I made with Simon, Gus and Aurie. I plan to continue this goal every year. If you’re wondering, I took Simon to Swings N Things, Gus to the Cleveland Children’s Museum and Aurie to the Cleveland Aquarium.
Goals I Didn’t Accomplish:
Ughhh, there are too many to list so I’ll just mention a few. Guess what? I already have my New Year’s resolutions.
- Anything to do or associated with the home buying process (aka Buy a Home, Start Sunday Suppers, etc.) – I really thought this was going to be a fun process but I was VERY wrong. You have to dedicate a ton of time to searching, looking, researching and driving. My schedule didn’t allow for this, so this goal has to be pushed off for a while.
- Taking a significant time off work to travel – Someday soon, I will do this. I WILL DO THIS.
- Investing in a Jeep 😅 – My Pontiac Vibe is still going (somewhat) strong, so again, this was not accomplished.
I kept track of my progress using the Notes app on my phone and really enjoyed this process. Goal setting for the year made me feel grounded and ambitious. I’ll definitely be doing this again for year 31 and beyond and would encourage you to do the same.
If you’re interested, below are my travels goals for 2019 so far.
- All inclusive to somewhere tropical during the brutal Cleveland months of January or February
- Vegas + National Parks in driving distance
- Exploring more of Pure Michigan: UP and Charlevoix